What is Bear North? Bear North is a brand new two-day event that will feature live music, interactive art, craft beer, camping and more on the slopes of Mt. Ellen in Fayston, VT. It takes place Friday, August 2 and Saturday, August 3, 2019.
Where is the Festival located? Sugarbush North Ski Resort, Vermont. Click here for directions.
How much are tickets & when do they go on sale? See our Ticket page for details. Online sales are closed, but tickets are available at the gate.
Do I need to be over 21 to attend? No. And we even had a Kids-rate ticket! But all attendees will need tickets. All attendees under 21 will be braceleted accordingly and children 17 and under must be under parental supervision at all times. Also, there are no kids-specific activities, though kids may partake in certain activities. Ultimately this is a grown-up festival so please use discretion when decided whether to bring kids – thanks!
When will the festival begin and when should I arrive? Gates for Bear North will open to the public Friday, August 2 at 5:00pm. If you are camping, we will allow set up for both slope side and car-camping starting at 2pm. Saturday, gates will open at 11am. Food trucks will be open at their own descretion prior to our event opening each day.
What time will it end? Last call will be at 9:45pm, music will end at 10pm both Friday & Saturday. Food trucks will be open at their own descretion after our event closes each night.
Can we camp? YES! We have both slope side and car camping options availble. Click here for important details.
Is there lodging available? Click here for a list of nearby lodging in the Mad River Valley. Special lodging rates are available for certain Sugarbush properties including hotel rooms and condos for Bear North Ticket Holders. Details and lodging code will be included in your ticket confirmation email.
Will there be a shuttle service? Not for our first year. But let us know if this would be appealing to you in the future. In the meantime, we encourage everyone to carpool and camp!
Am I allowed to leave and re-enter the festival? Yes. However we reserve the right to revoke re-entry for any ticket holder at our discretion.
Can we smoke at Bear North? We do not allow e-cigs, vape pens or plain old smoking. Sorry. Cannabis or cannabis products aren’t allowed inside the Bear North Festival.
What if I’d like to volunteer to help? We can most certainly put you to work! Contact us today!
Are you giving abutting neighbors tickets? We do have tickets for neighboring property owners. Contact us to learn more.
Weather This is a rain or shine event – please pay attention to the weather forecast and pack accordingly.
Reduce reuse recycle. Refill your reusable water bottle at the free water station. Food scraps & recycling will be collected separately. Sort mindfully! Contaminated bags must go in the trash. Look for the Waste-Not Station where our Waste Warrior volunteers will help you properly sort materials. Food scraps are composted by Grow Compost. Pack light and leave no trace.
Accessibility Please contact us if you have accessibility questions! Bear North does not provide wheelchairs for rent or loan. We are located on terrain that is rugged and steep in places and is not easy to navigate in a wheelchair. Accessible port-o-lets will be available. Contact us ASAP and please understand that day-of requests will be met as best we can, but we have limited resources and a small staff so the more notice we have, the more we can help!
Parking There will be designated parking areas for car-campers, slopeside campers, day-parking and more. Please be cooperative with our parking attendants! There will be no regular security in the parking lots. Bear North is not responsible for any damage or theft that occurs during our event. Sorry, there is no parking or camping for RVs or motorhomes.
I am a Media Professional intending to publish material about the Bear North. Do you have Press Passes available? We do have Press Passes available. If you are interested in to get one, please contact us for details.
Am I able to pass our flyers inside or outside of the venue? Solicitation inside and outside of the festival on festival grounds is absolutely prohibited. Please save the paper.
Food, Beverage & Merchandise Payment Options: Please bring adequate cash. There should be wifi for credit card sales and there may be an ATM onsite but that is not guaranteed at this point.
What can I bring?
- You will 100% need to bring your valid ID and your ticket.
- Reusable water bottle
- Weather-appropriate clothes and footwear! This is a Rain or Shine event that takes place at a ski area! Terrain is rugged and steep in places. The mountains are cool at night. Please pay attention to the weather forecast and pack accordingly – especially if you’re camping!
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Of course don’t forget your wallet, your mobile device (we will have an Energy Bar charging station.)
- If you want to stop on your way for last minutes supplies (ICE – WE DO NOT HAVE ONSITE ICE FOR SALE!!), click here for some local businesses to check out.
What CAN’T I bring?
- There will be absolutely no off-site alcohol or food allowed within our perimeter.(Camping is NOT in our perimeter so you can BYO in camping areas.)
- NO DOGS. We love dogs, but they are not allowed at the Bear North. And they are especially not to be left in your car in our parking lot. If you arrive with Fido, you will have to turn around and leave with Fido.
- We do not allow weapons of any kind, (including fireworks or explosives of any kind,) illegal or illicit substances of any kind, and no glass containers or bottles, or metal aerosol cans.
- No outside vendors allowed.
- No unauthorized solicitations, handbills, sampling, giveaways, etc.
What other things will be on-site?
- We are committed to making Bear North safe for all of our attendees. There will be clearly marked Security at all times around the grounds. First aid and medical stations will be clearly marked and staffed by professionals.
- FREE Water refilling station so bring a water bottle!
- We will have a mobile device charging station (Energy Bar) near the main entrance.
- There will sufficient port-o-lets onsite.
- We will be selling food, beer and assorted merchandise.
WE DO NOT HAVE ICE FOR SALE ON SITE!
I still have questions! Contact us with your question and we’ll be happy to help you!
I have property nearby this event and I have questions! Great! We are working with Sugarbush to get in touch with all the neighbors but feel free to contact us directly with any questions.